Last updated: July 15, 2016
Vivo Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred as "Vivo" or "We") and its affiliates understand that information and privacy are important for you. If you would like to share your information with us, we can provide you with better products and services, and help you to solve the issues you might be facing while using our products.
You can choose whether or not to share your information. However, if you decide not to share your information, we may not be able to provide you with related services and solve the issues you might be facing while using our products.
The type, purpose, and usage of your personal information or information collected by Vivo
Personal information refers to the information that can be, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information, used for individual identification.
- Account creation, registration and purchase information – when you create an account, in order to register and create an account, complete the purchase of products and services and register or purchase our products or services, etc. you may be required to provide your name, phone number, email and mailing address, and payment method. The foregoing information will be used for providing services to you or in some cases providing information on additional services offered by us.
- Contact information – When requesting to be contacted by Vivo relevant personnel, you may be asked to provide information about yourselves. This information enables Vivo relevant personnel to respond promptly and effectively to customer questions and requests. This information will be only used for address your questions.
- Product activation information – When you use and activate the device for the first time, we may collect information such as IMEI code, location and activation time, in order to enable related products and services (such as warranty service). This type of information will be collected anonymously, and any information collected will not be used to determine your identity.
- Abnormal or crash information – If you experience abnormal behavior or system crash after you have agreed to join Vivo's User Experience Improvement Plan, we may collect your device model, the application name and version, the IMEI code, error log, and other related information in order to solve the issues you are facing while using the product. This type of information will be collected anonymously, and any information collected will not be used to determine your identity.
- Function usage information – If you agree to join Vivo's User Experience Improvement Plan, we will need to understand how you use the different functions of your device, so that we can provide you with better service and user experience. Information we collect may include your usage information of the different functions of the device and applications as well as the usage habits. This type of information will be collected anonymously, and any information collected will not be used to determine your identity.
- Update and upgrade information – In order to promptly notify you about any update or upgrade for your system and application, we might need to collect information such as device name, system and application version, operating system and browser version, region and language settings, device identification information and service provider’s network code. The above information will only be collected for application update notification purposes. This type of information will be collected anonymously, and any information collected will not be used to determine your identity.
- Location information – When you use certain feature or application from Vivo, we will need to collect information about your location. For example, when you use applications and features such as search, navigation and weather enquiries, we may obtain your physical location in order to provide you with accurate information and services. This type of information will be collected anonymously, and any information collected will not be used to determine your identity.
Disclosure of user information
We may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances, pursuant to the consent provided by you herein:
- Your personal information will be disclosed to an affiliated company of Vivo;
- We are required to disclose your personal information by local judicial or government authorities, agencies or as mandated under applicable laws Vivo may, without obtaining prior consent from you, share information with governmental agencies mandated under law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- In the event of any merger, restructuring or bankruptcy, Vivo may also provide your personal information to related third parties.
Protection of user information
Vivo will take necessary and reasonable steps to protect your information, including but not limited to technical and physical measures. However, please note that although we have implemented reasonable measures to protect your personal information, there is no security measure that can guarantee absolute safety.
Vivo's information of minors' protection
We will only use or disclose information of minors under the following circumstances:
- The disclosure of information is allowed by law;
- Use or disclose information of minors in order to protect the minors.
Vivo will not knowingly collect personal information from minors, except as set out above. We will immediately take steps to delete such information if we discover it is from minors and the parents or legal representatives had not consented for and on behalf of the minors.
The definition of "minors" shall be in accordance with the relevant local regulations and laws.
Information storage and transmission/transfer
Cookie is a type of specific identifier to enable your device to be identified by our system.
Sometimes we will store cookies on your device to record your preferences and provide personalized services. It will also record your login credentials, so you don't have to enter this information each time you sign in.
Current browser configuration has settings to accept and limit the level of cookies. You may configure at your own preference when you use web browser to access the services.
You may learn more details about cookies from your browser's "Help" menu.
You may at any time disable cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can choose to accept all cookies, or to reject all cookies. You can still use Vivo IT data network even if you do not accept cookies, but please note that certain services may be designed to work with cookies, and disabling cookies may affect your use of the services or part of the service.
We may use cookie-like technology, such as web beacons (or "pixel tags"), to send information from your device to server.
Web beacons are generally embedded in e-mail and online video. With beacon, we can read some specific information from your device, such as whether the e-mail was opened, device IP and so on.
We will analyze the data collected through web beacons, in order to optimize the products and provide services that suit you better.
Your consent and choice
You may at any time withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and transfer, of the information by us. When you withdraw your consent, you can go settings and disable the functions by turning off the relative button or you can notify your intention in writing to us by sending an e-mail to the contact address notified under paragraph 10. Your act of withdrawing shall be deemed a notification to us that you are withdrawing your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and transfer, of the information. However, in the event that you so choose to withdraw your consent to the aforesaid, we shall be entitled to discontinue providing any or all of the products/services to you.
You may at any time review/ correct/ supplement/ add to, the personal information or information provided by you, by sending an e-mail to this effect to the contact address notified under paragraph 10. We shall at no time be responsible/liable for the authenticity/ veracity of the personal information or information provided by you.