Terms and Conditions
The 2022 vivo Visual Creator Short Film Awards is a mobile phone photography contest launched and operated by vivo Mobile Communication Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “vivo”, “we”, or “sponsor”). Please carefully read and fully understand these Terms and Conditions before deciding to participate in the Awards, especially the terms related to participation in the awards, exemption or limitation of liability, rights, applicable laws and dispute resolution, and data protection. Among them, important content such as exemption or limitation of liability terms will be highlighted in bold for your attention, so please pay particular attention to them.
1. The Awards will not collect any fee or return any entries, and accepts entries only in electronic format. Please submit entries in strict accordance with the rules of the Awards. The participants shall bear all the losses and consequences by themselves if their works fail to be submitted or pass the selection and their works will not be returned and re-submission will not be accepted.
2. Please note that by participating in the Awards, you are deemed to have agreed to authorize the sponsor and its affiliated entities the right to use your works for free from the date of submission as part of the activities and materials to promote the Awards (for a period of two years); and to use the works on global online media, print media, printed materials, photography exhibitions, retail shops, roadshows, digital media, outdoor media, among other channels for the purpose of promoting the event and branding. In view of the above, the sponsor will not notify the participants or obtain their consent when using the submitted works reasonably.
3. The sponsor and its affiliated entities reserve the right to use the written materials, film clips and soundtrack of the selected works for online and offline advertising, including but not limited to multi-platform publicity screening, brochures, posters, leaflets, media, and other promotional channels, and they shall have the right to the submitted works for publicity purposes or authorize third parties to edit, cut out, clip, or compile the works as they deem appropriate.
4. All participants shall ensure that their submitted works possess independent, complete, defined, and uncontroversial copyright, and do not infringe on any legal rights of any third parties, including copyright, trademark rights, portrait rights, reputation rights, and privacy rights. Participants shall be deemed to agree with the content of these Terms and Conditions once they participate in the competition. If the participant violates the aforementioned agreement and causes related disputes, all legal responsibilities shall be borne by the participant and have nothing to do with the sponsor.
5. If any work wins an award, the sponsor will contact the winner using the information collected through the submission email, and collect and confirm the winner’s personal information (such as scanned copy of the winner’s personal passport, bank account details, mailing address, and other information) and work authorization form as needed.
6. There are no restrictions regarding the brand or model of the smartphone used to shoot the submitted works. All submitted works should be completed after January 1, 2022. They shall also comply with the following:
- The works shall not contain any content that violates or infringes on any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, name rights, trademark rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, and other legal rights;
- The works shall not disparage or slander the sponsor or any other third party by any means;
- The works shall not contain any improper, indecent, or obscene content, or any content that shows hatred, spread rumors or convey libel;
- The works shall not contain any content that propagates prejudice, discrimination, hatred or harm against any groups or individuals, including but not limited to content that supports the discrimination against any races, genders, religions, nationalities, disabilities, sexual orientations, or ages;
- The works shall not contain any content that violates the laws and regulations, social ethics, public order, and good customs in the jurisdiction where the participant is located;
- The works shall not propagate illegal drugs and guns (or use either of the two), any activity that looks unsafe or dangerous, or any information that carries any specific political motives;
- The participants shall pledge to comply with the relevant rules and regulations of applicable law of the jurisdiction where the participant is located, and shall not publish or upload any content that involves politics, eroticism, violence, terrorism, among others, that violates laws and regulations;
- Works that have won awards in other video contests or have been published in any public journals or media will not be accepted.
- If any work falls under any of the aforementioned situations, the sponsor reserves the right to disqualify it and to cancel all its related rights, qualifications, and awards.
7. Data Protection
(1) Data and purposes:
- When you participate in the contest, we will collect your submitted works, real name, contact information (such as social media accounts/email address/contact number), country/region of residence, and your description of the submitted works to ensure that you can participate in the contest smoothly and we can contact you in a timely manner to synchronize the information about the contest and awards with you.
- When your works win an award, we will contact you via your email address provided at the point of submission to collect a scanned copy of your personal passport, your bank account details, your mailing address, and other information so that we can verify your identity and send your prizes to you.
(2) Data storage:
- Period: We will retain your personal data for the period necessary for the above purposes of processing, or as required by you or applicable laws. Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Location: Your personal data will be stored in your country/region of residence and China.
(3) Sharing and transfer:
- We will process your data ourselves or by use of our affiliated companies or service providers who act on our behalf. In order to hold the contest smoothly, the name of your work, your real name/nickname, and country/region of residence will be encrypted and
transferred to the following third party service provider(s): Uimix Limited. Please be aware that we have signed a data protection agreement with the aforementioned service provider(s) and they will provide protection for your data at a standard that is no less than ours. Otherwise, we will only share your data when required in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority according to applicable laws.
- Since we operate internationally, and to make it possible for you to use our product worldwide, your personal data may be transferred to or accessed by our entities around the world. We comply with laws on the transfer of personal data between countries to help ensure your data is protected, wherever it may be.
(4) Your rights:
- You have various rights with respect to the data which we hold about you. To exercise your other rights (such as withdrawal of consent, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection or data portability, depending on applicable data protection laws), please use the contact details set out below.
- Besides, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
(5) Contact details:
- If you have any questions about these terms or our processing of your personal data, if you need to report a problem or contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under data protection and privacy laws, please use the contact details below. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within any time limits provided for in applicable data protection laws.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Where relevant rules and regulations permit, the sponsor has the final right to interpret all the relevant matters of the Awards (including but not limited to the terms related to the format of submitted works as part of the rules of the Awards). The final award results decided by the judging panel has binding power. By participating in the contest, the participant is deemed to fully understand and agree with the Terms and Conditions of the Awards and agree to accept the decisions of the judging panel.
*By participating in the contest, the participant is deemed to agree with all these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any terms or authorization terms, please do not participate in the contest. In addition, in the event that any dispute arises from the breach of the Terms and Conditions by any participant, he or she shall undertake all liabilities by him or herself, and the sponsor disclaims any and all liability.
If you have any questions, please write to the corresponding submission emails of each regional market. The email addresses of the specific regions are summarized as follows:
Taiwan, China: email@example.com