After-sale Privacy Clause
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection and processing of your personal data when vivo provides you with customer service (the “Service”) through our service center, website, contact center, or other channels. We care about your privacy and think it is important that you know why and how we process your personal data. In this Privacy Statement for Customer Service (the "Statement"), we therefore explain the following content:
1. Collection and Processing: what data we collect and how we use it;
2. Storage: how we will store your data;
3. Sharing and Transfer: how we share or transfer your data;
4. Your Rights: your rights and options with respect to your data;
5. Contact Us: how you can contact us with any further questions.
Please read the Statement carefully and make sure that you have understood our practices regarding your personal data before you start using the Service.
1. Collection and Processing
(1) Based on our contract with you or your request, we will process your personal data to serve you with the following services:
• Device Inspection and Repair
In the event of a malfunction or other abnormal problems with your devices, you can visit our official after-sales service centers for device inspection and repair. Some of our service centers also offer remote assistance services to better assist you in solving your problem. In order to provide you with the above services, we need to process your contact information (including your name, country/region, phone number, and email address) and device information (including the IMEI, EMMCID, Serial Number, device model, operating system information, usage information, error logs, and other information necessary to diagnose your device problems), to check the warranty period, diagnose your device problems, provide you with requested repair services and respond to your related queries.
When you use our Appointment Service, Delivery Repair Service, or Query of Repair Progress, we need to process the information you submitted on the page, including your contact information, detailed address, appointment time, device model, and problem description, to provide you with corresponding services.
When you request an exchange or return, we need to process your contact information and device information to check if the device meets the return or exchange requirements and keep records accordingly.
Besides, we may need to process your contact information (such as phone number) and other information you provided voluntarily (such as verification codes) to verify your identity.
• Account Login
Some of our services provide the account login function. When you log in to your vivo account in the Service, we need to process your account information (such as the phone number or email address you used to register your account, account ID, nickname, and profile photo) to display your account information and verify your identity.
In order to provide you with the function of receiving and viewing coupons or other benefits, we may need to use your account information to associate the coupons or other benefits you receive with your vivo account.
• Contact Center Service
When you contact us via Hotline, email, Live Chat, social media, or other customer service channels, we need to process your contact information (such as your name, country/region, phone number, email address, or account information), call recordings or history of communications with us, and other information you provide through the above channels, to respond to your request and solve your problem. We may use your contact information to contact you when necessary.
• Warranty Service
When you purchase our device warranty services (such as extended warranty or screen crack warranty), we need to process your name, phone number, IMEI and other device identifiers or authentication codes to associate the warranty services you purchased with your devices and provide related query services.
• Service Center Location and Navigation
When you use the Service Center or Appointment Service, in order to locate the Service Center near you and provide you with navigation service, we need to process your IP address.
(2) However, in certain scenarios, we may process your personal data for other purposes as may be permitted by applicable laws, such as:
• Customer Relationship Management
We need to process your data subject requests, consents, and customer interaction records to manage our relationship with you, where it's within our legitimate interests and does not override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
• Customer Experience Improvement
We may use your contact details and other information you voluntarily provide (such as the nickname, gender, and physical address) to conduct customer surveys, which will help us to understand the quality of the customer service we provide to you and improve your experience.
In addition, we will also conduct statistical analysis based on the information collected during your use of this Service to further improve and optimize our products and services. Please note that during this process, the above data will only be used for statistical analysis and will not be used to associate or identify you.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. We have put in place appropriate security measures, including but not limited to encryption and anonymization techniques, which are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, damage, or loss. We will do our best to protect your personal data. If you suspect any unauthorized access, use, damage, or loss of your personal data, please let us know immediately using the contact details set out below.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary for the above purposes of processing, or as required by you or applicable laws. More concretely, we will retain:
• Personal data processed for device inspection and repair and Contact Center service for up to five (5) years from completion of the repairing or your last interaction with us.
• Personal data processed for account login for up to 30 days from the date of account cancellation.
• Personal data processed for customer relationship management for up to five (5) years from your last interaction with us.
• Personal data processed for customer surveys for up to six (6) months since the data was collected.
Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymise your personal data, unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
Besides, we will not retain personal data processed for Service Center location and navigation on our server.
3. Sharing and Transfer
We will either process your data ourselves or by use of our affiliated companies, service providers who act on our behalf, or others at your direction. However, we will not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes. More specifically:
• To the extent necessary to provide the Service you have requested, your personal data will be encrypted and transferred to our affiliated companies or service providers (including dealers, repair service providers, customer service providers, logistics service providers, etc.).
• For customized devices of operators or enterprises, the device information will be encrypted and transferred to the corresponding operator or enterprise in accordance with your customization contracts with them or their instructions.
• During the Identity Verification, your phone number will be encrypted and transferred to the following third-party service provider(s): PaaSoo Technology Limited, Orange Business Services Hong Kong Limited, and Firemsg International Co., Limited.
• In order to provide you with Service Center Location and Navigation, your IP address will be encrypted and transferred to the following third-party service provider(s): Google Inc.
Please be aware that we have signed a data protection agreement with the aforementioned service provider(s) and they will provide protection for your data at a standard that is no less than ours. Otherwise, we will only share your data when required in response to a legal process or request from a competent authority according to applicable laws.
Since we operate in many countries around the world, and to make it possible for you to use our product worldwide, your personal data may be transferred to or accessed by our entities or service providers around the world, but your data will not be used for purposes other than those mentioned above. We comply with laws on the transfer of personal data between countries to help ensure your data is protected, wherever it may be.
4. Your Rights
You have various rights with respect to the data which we hold about you.
Withdrawal of Consent:
You may at any time choose to withdraw your consent to this Statement by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your related data until you re-agree to such processing.
To exercise your other rights (such as rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection or data portability, depending on applicable data protection laws), please use the contact details set out below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
5. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Statement or our processing of your personal data, if you need to report a problem or contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under data protection and privacy laws, please tap here. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within any time limits provided for in applicable data protection laws.