The Customer Service is provided by vivo (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" or "our"). We care about your privacy and think it important that you know why and how we process your personal data. In this vivo Privacy Statement for Customer Service (the "Statement"), we therefore explain the following content:
1. Collection and Processing: what data we collect, for what purpose it is collected and processed and the legal basis for such processing;
2. Storage: how we store your data;
3. Sharing and Transfer: how we share or transfer your data;
4. Your Rights: your rights and options with respect to your data;
5. Contact Us: how you can contact us with any further questions.
1. Collection and Processing
(1) Based on our contract with you or your request, we will process your personal data to provide you with the following services:
• Device Repair:
When you request us to repair your devices, we need to process your contact information (including your name, country/region, phone number and email address) and device information (including the IMEI, eMMC ID, serial number, device model and other information that is necessary to diagnose problems with your device), to check the warranty period, diagnose problems with your device, provide you with requested repair services and respond to your related queries. When you use our appointment service, delivery repair service or query of repair progress, we need to process your contact information (such as phone number) and other information you provided voluntarily (such as the verification code) to verify your identity.
• Contact Customer Service:
When you contact us by hotline, email, live chat, social media or other customer service channels, we need to process your contact information (such as your name, country/region, phone number, email address or account information), call recording or communication history with us and other information you provided through the above channels, so as to respond to your request and solve your problem.
• Service Centre Location and Navigation:
When you use the service centre or appointment service, in order to locate a service centre near you and provide you with a navigation service, we need to process your IP address.
(2) However, other legal basis may be applicable in certain scenarios as may be permitted by applicable laws, for example:
• Customer Relationship Management:
We need to process your data subject requests, consent and customer interaction records to manage our relationship with you, insofar as it is within our legitimate interests and does not compromise your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
• Customer Survey:
Upon your consent, we may use your contact details and other information you provided voluntarily (such as your nickname, gender and physical address) for customer surveys, which will help us to provide you with better services.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. We have put in place appropriate security measures, including but not limited to encryption and anonymisation techniques, which are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, damage or loss. We will do our best to protect your personal data. If you suspect any unauthorised access, use, damage or loss of your personal data, please let us know immediately using the contact details set out below.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary for the above purposes of processing data, or as required by you or applicable laws. More concretely, we will retain:
• Personal data processed for device repair and contacting customer service for up to five (5) years from completion of the repair or your last interaction with us.
• Personal data processed for customer relationship management for up to five (5) years from your last interaction with us.
• Personal data processed for customer surveys for up to six (6) months since the data was collected.
Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymise your personal data, unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
Moreover, we will not retain personal data processed for service centre location and navigation services on our server.
3. Sharing and Transfer
We will either process your data ourselves or by use of our affiliated companies, service providers who act on our behalf or others at your request. However, we will not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes. More concretely:
• For customised machines of Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, the device information will be encrypted and transferred to the operator. Such processing is based on your customisation contract with the operator and the operator's instructions.
• During the identity verification process, your phone number will be encrypted and transferred to the following third-party service provider(s): PaaSoo Technology Limited and Orange Business Services Hong Kong Limited.
• In order to provide you with service centre location and navigation services, your IP address will be encrypted and transferred to the following third-party service provider(s): Google.
Please be aware that we have signed a data protection agreement with the aforementioned service provider(s) and they will provide protection for your data at a standard that is no less than ours.
To make it possible for you to use our service worldwide, your personal data may be transferred to or accessed by our entities around the world. We comply with laws on the transfer of personal data between countries to help ensure your data is protected, wherever it may be. Our remote access to personal data collected in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland is governed by Standard Contractual Clauses.
4. Your Rights
You have various rights with respect to the data that we hold about you.
Withdrawal of consent:
You may at any time choose to withdraw your consent to customer surveys or information maintenance by contacting us. If you withdraw your consent, we will suspend processing your related data until you re-agree to such processing.
To exercise your other rights (such as rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection or data portability, depending on applicable data protection laws), please use the contact details set out below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
5. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Statement or our processing of your personal data, if you need to report a problem or contact our Data Protection Officer, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under data protection and privacy laws, you can contact us using the contact details below. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within any time limits provided for in applicable data protection laws.
Email Address: email@example.com