Last updated: January 1, 2021
The After-sales Serviceis provided by vivo Mobile Communication Co., Ltd.(hereinafter referred to as "vivo", "we", or "us"),whose registered address is atNo.168 Jinghai East Rd., Chang'an, Dongguan, Guangdong, China.We care about your privacy and think it important that you know why and how we collect and process your data in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy laws. In these vivo Privacy Terms for After-sales (the "Terms"), we therefore explainthe following content:
1. Collection and Processing: the type of data, how and for what purpose it is collected, and the legal basis for data processing;
2. Storage: how we store your data;
3. Sharing and Transfer: if we share or transfer your data;
4. Your Rights: your rights with respect to the processing;
5. Contact Us: how you can contact us with any further questions.
1. Collection and Processing
What data we collect:
· Contact information: name, region, phone number, email address
· Device information: IMEI, EMMCID, Serial Number, device model and other software information
· Customer Service information: account information (vivo account or your account of other social media), call recording and chat history of your communication with us
· Other information you provided voluntarily, such as the nickname, gender, physical address
· Device repairing and related query: we need to process your contact information and device information to check the warranty period, diagnose your device problems, provide you with requested repairing services and response to your related queries
· Contact CenterService: when you contact us by Hotline, email, Live Chat or other social media channels, we need to process your phone number, email address, your communication with us and other information you provided through above channels, to respond to your request and solve your problem
· Customer surveys: upon your consent, we may use your contact details for customer satisfaction feedback surveys
· Information maintenance: to maintain the information you provided voluntarily so as to provide you with better service
We make customer surveys and information maintenance upon your consent to these Terms. However, other processing operations are necessary for us to carry out our legal obligations or obligations under our contract with you, or necessary for us to deal with your request.
We care about protecting your personal data. We have put in place appropriate security measures, including but not limited to encryption and anonymization techniques, which are designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized use, damage, or loss. We will do our best to protect your personal data. If you suspect any unauthorized use, damage, or loss of your personal data, please let us know immediately using the contact details set out below.
Your personal data will be stored for 3 years from the date of collection, after that it will be deleted or anonymized.
3. Sharing and Transfer
vivo will either process your data itself or by use of its affiliated companies. For customized machinesofReliance Jio Infocomm Limited, the device information will be encrypted and transferred to the operator, such processing is based on your customization contract with the operator and the operator's instructions.
Since we operate internationally, your personal data may be processed in different countries/regions. If we transfer your personal data to another country/region that may not maintain appropriate data protection standards, we will obtain your prior consent and take all reasonable measures to make sure your personal data is processed safely and as stipulated within these Terms.
4. Your Rights
You have various rights with respect to the data which we hold about you.
Withdrawal of Consent:
You may at any time choose to withdraw your consent to customer surveys or information maintenance by contacting us.If you withdraw your consent, we will suspend processing your related data until you re-agree to these Terms.
To exercise your other rights (such as rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection or data portability, depending on applicable data protection laws), please use the contact details set out below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our processing of your personal data, if you need to report a problem or contact the Grievance Officer, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under data protection and privacy laws, you can contact us using the contact details below. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within any time limits provided for in applicable data protection laws.